- 1 Is there a dress code in Bali?
- 2 What clothes to bring to Bali?
- 3 What should you not wear in Indonesia?
- 4 What should I avoid in Bali?
- 5 Can you hold hands in Bali?
- 6 What do girls wear in Bali?
- 7 How much cash should I bring to Bali?
- 8 Where can I buy a dress in Bali?
- 9 What should I pack for Bali?
- 10 What can you not bring to Indonesia?
- 11 What is considered rude in Indonesia?
- 12 How can I be polite in Indonesia?
- 13 What is illegal in Bali?
- 14 What is banned in Bali?
- 15 Are mosquitoes bad in Bali?
Is there a dress code in Bali?
Dress and act modestly. So when in or near Balinese temples or rural settlements, keep the touchy-feely stuff to a minimum. The same goes with clothing: dress as modestly as possible, especially when visiting temples. Flip-flops are perfectly acceptable, so long as the overall look is modest.
What clothes to bring to Bali?
Bali Packing Essentials
- 3 Short sleeve tops.
- 3 Pair of shorts or skirts.
- 1 Pair of sandals (make them hiking style and they can be your only shoes, unless you’re going dancing!)
- 4 Pair of underwear.
- 1 Nice dress or collared shirt.
- 1 Swimsuit.
- 1 Light jacket.
- 1 Daypack for day trips and adventures.
What should you not wear in Indonesia?
Our advice is to avoid wearing revealing clothes as a mark of respect to the country’s predominantly Muslim values. A long skirt or pants with a loose cotton shirt with sleeves would all work well and will protect you from the sun. At such times, we’d recommend you wear a kaftan or sarong at the least.
What should I avoid in Bali?
7 Things Not To Do In Bali
- Don’t haggle for 30 minutes at the markets with no intention of buying. Firstly, you will be exhausted.
- Don’t spend all your time in Kuta.
- Don’t not see Kuta.
- Don’t look up when you are walking.
- Don’t leave your drinks unattended.
- Don’t just eat Western food.
- Don’t go for less than one week.
Can you hold hands in Bali?
Romantic gestures or emotions are never displayed in public, except lovers holding hands is something the Balinese do openly. Lovers don’t kiss in public either, and visitors should also respect that for the Balinese, those intimate gestures are. The middle part of the body is considered “natural”.
What do girls wear in Bali?
Wear a shirt that covers your arms and shoulders; men and women should also wear a kain, or sarong—a scarf that is wrapped around your waist, like a skirt.
How much cash should I bring to Bali?
For spending money we recommend bringing the following, based on your travel budget: Low-cost: IDR200,000 ($19) per person, per day if you plan to eat local and take public transport. Mid-range: IDR530,000 ($50) per person, per day if you plan to dine in restaurants and hire a car or take private transport.
Where can I buy a dress in Bali?
SHOPPING IN SEMINYAK: A guide to the best fashion stores in Bali
- Auguste The Label. Auguste the Label’s boho vibe had us at floaty feminine frocks!
- Uma & Leopold.
- Magali Pascal.
- Bali Boat Shed.
- Paulina Katarina.
- The Bali Tailor.
- Mrs Sippy Bazaar.
- Lulu Yasmine.
What should I pack for Bali?
Consider waiting until you arrive in Bali to purchase some of these common items:
- Sarongs (for sun protection and some Hindu temples require men to wear one to enter)
- Beach bags.
- Swimsuits / beach cover-ups.
- Evening and sundresses.
- Flip-flops / sandals.
- Handmade jewelry.
What can you not bring to Indonesia?
Indonesia Prohibited and Restricted Items
- Animal skins.
- Any materials printed or otherwise that are anti-Muslim in nature or that promote communism.
- Checks in all forms (blank stock, travelers cheques, payroll, cashier)
- Coffee and Coffee Samples.
- Communications equipment.
- Compact discs.
- Computer software.
- Cotton seeds.
What is considered rude in Indonesia?
So when shaking hands, offering a gift, handing or receiving something, eating, pointing or generally touching another person, it is considered proper etiquette to always use your right hand. Pointing toward someone with forefinger is considered rude.
How can I be polite in Indonesia?
Basic rules of Indonesian etiquette
- Never use your left hand for anything.
- Remember to remove your shoes or sandals at the door to a house, and don’t show the soles of your feet to anyone.
- Use your right thumb to point at things – pointing with the index finger is considered rude.
What is illegal in Bali?
Bali’s drug laws are very strict and should not be trifled with. Indonesian Law No. 35/2009 lays down harsh penalties for drug users caught with Group 1 drugs like marijuana, heroin, and cocaine. You can get life imprisonment for possession or the death penalty if you’ve been convicted of trafficking in drugs.
What is banned in Bali?
As we have already discussed, there are some prescription drugs that are considered illegal in Bali. Being in possession of everyday medications that you use at home can land you in a heap of trouble. Sleeping pills, Valium, Xanax, and Codeine being among them.
Are mosquitoes bad in Bali?
Bali mosquitos are usually worse in the rainy season (October to March) but you do need to be vigilant all year round. Mosquitoes in Bali are evident in varying degrees at all times. Nowhere is 100% safe at all times. Be sure to get your travel insurance, just in case.