FAQ: How To Hang Bali Blinds Inside Mount?
- 1 Should blinds be inside or outside mount?
- 2 How much depth do you need for inside mount blinds?
- 3 Can you inside mount blinds on double hung windows?
- 4 Can you install inside mount blinds on vinyl windows?
- 5 How do you hang vinyl blinds without brackets?
- 6 Do blinds go inside outside window frame?
- 7 Should blinds rest on window sill?
- 8 Can you mount blinds on trim?
- 9 How many inches needed for inside mount blinds?
- 10 How do they measure blinds for inside mount Home Depot?
- 11 Should blind valance be flush?
Should blinds be inside or outside mount?
As long as your window frame has enough depth to mount blinds inside the opening, we almost always recommend an inside mount.
How much depth do you need for inside mount blinds?
3⁄4″ is the minimum depth required for inside mount blinds.
Can you inside mount blinds on double hung windows?
Double hung windows are similar in appearance but both sashes may move up or down within the window frame. Most blinds and shades will work well covering this style of window.
Can you install inside mount blinds on vinyl windows?
Deciding if You Can Inside Mount Blinds on Your Vinyl Windows. Instead, you should attach the brackets to the top and sides of the inside opening; make sure the bottom of the blinds won’t bang into the vinyl finger-hold at the bottom of the window when fully extended.
How do you hang vinyl blinds without brackets?
Place the head rail over the top window trim and center it over the window. Place a bubble level on top of the head rail and position the blind so it remains level on the top window trim. Mark the holes you drilled onto the head rail by placing a screw into each hole then pressing the screws into the wood.
Do blinds go inside outside window frame?
You just mount the brackets outside of the window frame and hang your blinds or shades so they extend past the frame. The brackets for the outside mount blinds and shades can be installed on the window frame, on the wall outside of the window frame, or on the ceiling, above the window frame.
Should blinds rest on window sill?
In most cases blinds look and work the best when they rest on the window sill. No one is ever going to notice extra 1/2″ of length and this keeps them from blowing in a slight breeze. If you prefer for the blinds not to touch the windowsill, you should deduct 1/4″.
Can you mount blinds on trim?
You can mount your blinds to the trim as long as it is flat and meets the minimum requirements for an outside mount. Mounting on the trim of the window is the easiest route because all you need to collect is the size of the trim dimensions.
How many inches needed for inside mount blinds?
As a general rule: 2″ horizontal blinds such as faux wood blinds and wood blinds need at least 1.5″ inches and 3″ for a flush mount. Honeycomb Shades for instance require less space needing just under 1″ depth and 2″ for a flush mount blind.
How do they measure blinds for inside mount Home Depot?
Inside mount: Measure height at left, middle, and right of window. Write down the longest measurement (round down to an even 1/8″). For verticals, record the shortest measurement. Outside mount: Measure the exact height of the window from top edge of molding to bottom edge or to top of sill if there is one.
Should blind valance be flush?
1) Mounting flush with the wall gives a cleaner look, as it hides the depth of the window sill itself and gives a smooth surface against your wall. We recommend this in most cases if you are mostly concerned with aesthetics.