FAQ: What To Bring Back From Bali?
- 1 What food can I bring back from Indonesia?
- 2 Are clothes in Bali cheap?
- 3 Are things cheaper in Bali?
- 4 What is Bali best known for?
- 5 What is the best thing to buy in Indonesia?
- 6 Is shopping in Indonesia cheap?
- 7 What should you not buy in Bali?
- 8 How much cash should I take to Bali?
- 9 What clothes to wear in Bali?
- 10 What is banned in Bali?
- 11 What is best to buy in Bali?
- 12 How dangerous is Bali?
- 13 Is Bali or Maldives better?
- 14 Are there sharks in Bali?
- 15 What is the best month to go to Bali?
What food can I bring back from Indonesia?
Here are the list of 8 delicious traditional snacks that you can bring back home and give it to your loved ones:
- Biji Ketapang.
- Dodol Betawi.
- Roti Gambang.
- Tape Uli.
- Bir Pletok.
- Kembang Goyang.
- Kue Semprong.
- Kue Pancong.
Are clothes in Bali cheap?
You will not find the branded styles as in Bangkok or Singapore, the clothes are much more casual although you can get good ‘copy’ t shirts, shorts and summer wear. Feel the quality though, some use very cheap material. You can get some more funky style clothing in some of the shops in Seminyak.
Are things cheaper in Bali?
Overall, the price of food in Bali is low. There are expensive restaurants on the island, but for the most part, most eateries are very affordable. As long as you stick with local options and street food, you can expect to spend as little as $2 – $4 per meal!
What is Bali best known for?
Also known as the Land of the Gods, Bali appeals through its sheer natural beauty of looming volcanoes and lush terraced rice fields that exude peace and serenity. It is also famous for surfers’ paradise!
What is the best thing to buy in Indonesia?
Then continue reading below, because here’s a list of the top 10 things to buy in Indonesia!
- Celuk jewelry – One of my favorite Indonesia souvenirs!
- Congklak (dakon board game)
- Batik Paintings.
- Stone & wood carvings.
- Caping Gunung – Traditional Hat.
- Kopi Luwak Coffee – Do not buy this product!
Is shopping in Indonesia cheap?
By western standards, Indonesia is an extremely cheap country to live or travel in. Indonesia foods and products are the least expensive but some Western items such as cheese and chocolate, are comparatively more expensive than in western countries.
What should you not buy in Bali?
10 Stupid Things People Buy in Bali
- Wooden phalluses.
- Nasty bumper stickers.
- Bintang singlets.
- Counterfeit designer gear.
- String or bead bracelets.
- Airbrushed surf paintings and decorative mini surfboards.
- Luwak or civet cat-poop coffee.
- Bornean blowpipes and bow and arrows.
How much cash should I take to Bali?
For spending money we recommend bringing the following, based on your travel budget: Low-cost: IDR200,000 ($19) per person, per day if you plan to eat local and take public transport. Mid-range: IDR530,000 ($50) per person, per day if you plan to dine in restaurants and hire a car or take private transport.
What clothes to wear in Bali?
Pack light cotton and loose clothing; your skin will thank you.
- The ideal outfit to wear when exploring Bali is a T-shirt, shorts and sneakers.
- Pack light cotton clothes to go the beach.
- When hiking, pack warm and wet-weather clothes.
- Traditional clothes for a Hindu ceremony in Bali | © Artem Bali / Unsplash.
What is banned in Bali?
As we have already discussed, there are some prescription drugs that are considered illegal in Bali. Being in possession of everyday medications that you use at home can land you in a heap of trouble. Sleeping pills, Valium, Xanax, and Codeine being among them.
What is best to buy in Bali?
What to Buy in Bali?
- Jewellery. Source. Silverware is one of the best things to buy in all of Bali.
- Chocolates and Coffee. Source.
- Fragrances. Source.
- Bags. Source.
- Handicrafts. Source.
- Streetwear. Source.
- Beachwear. Source.
- Clothing. Source.
How dangerous is Bali?
Crime. Although Bali is a beautiful and popular holiday destination, petty crime is common and corruption and scams do occur. We recommend a few simple precautions to help keep yourself safe. There have been cases of bag snatching so remember to keep your valuables out of sight, close to you and zipped up.
Is Bali or Maldives better?
If adventure on land is on your mind, Bali is for you. On the other hand, the Maldives offers better alternatives for the sea – the Baa Atoll offers amazing snorkelling, diving and underwater expeditions. Watersports in Maldives are better, and there are many places to try them.
Are there sharks in Bali?
Short answer; Yes, there are sharks in Bali. There is a great deal of White Tip and Black Tip Reef Sharks around the reefs of Nusa Dua and Padang Bai, but they are pretty shy and no threat to humans. Bali is one of the safest places to surf, looking at stats and data available from surf spots around the world.
What is the best month to go to Bali?
The best time to visit Bali is between April and October, the island’s dry season. Bali experiences only two seasons: the rainy season and the dry season. Throughout the year, the daytime temps hover between the mid-80s and low 90s, with only the humidity and precipitation patterns changing.