- 1 Is Denpasar safe?
- 2 How far is Bali from Denpasar airport?
- 3 Which country is Denpasar?
- 4 Is Denpasar worth visiting?
- 5 What is illegal in Bali?
- 6 What should I avoid in Bali?
- 7 Is Bali expensive to visit?
- 8 What should I wear in Bali?
- 9 What is the cheapest way to get to Bali?
- 10 Why is Bali so cheap?
- 11 What food is Bali famous for?
- 12 What language is spoken in Bali?
- 13 Can you wear shorts in Bali?
- 14 What is the nicest part of Bali?
- 15 How many days in Bali is enough?
Is Denpasar safe?
Denpasar is a safe enough city for travelers, and tourists do not face serious problems here. The crime index is at a low level. The main problems are associated with petty theft and corruption.
How far is Bali from Denpasar airport?
Ngurah Rai International Airport or Denpasar International Airport is located in South Kuta district and is just 13 kilometres from Denpasar, the capital of Bali.
Which country is Denpasar?
Denpasar, city, capital of Bali propinsi (or provinsi; province), south-central Bali, Indonesia. It is situated about 40 miles (70 km) south of Singaraja. It is the largest city on the island of Bali, and it is the capital of the Badung kabupaten (regency).
Is Denpasar worth visiting?
Denpasar may be the capital but it’s not the capital of tourism. Most tourists do not go to here, as it is not promoted as a place to visit and it may not have the wide variety of tourist attractions as other places. But it is a city rich in culture, temples, local activity, markets and indonesian food.
What is illegal in Bali?
Bali’s drug laws are very strict and should not be trifled with. Indonesian Law No. 35/2009 lays down harsh penalties for drug users caught with Group 1 drugs like marijuana, heroin, and cocaine. You can get life imprisonment for possession or the death penalty if you’ve been convicted of trafficking in drugs.
What should I avoid in Bali?
7 Things Not To Do In Bali
- Don’t haggle for 30 minutes at the markets with no intention of buying. Firstly, you will be exhausted.
- Don’t spend all your time in Kuta.
- Don’t not see Kuta.
- Don’t look up when you are walking.
- Don’t leave your drinks unattended.
- Don’t just eat Western food.
- Don’t go for less than one week.
Is Bali expensive to visit?
Bali is already the most expensive tourist destination in Indonesia and is slowly becoming more expensive as tourists discover more of Bali, but cheap food and accommodation are still widely available if you donâ€™t mind basic accommodations, stick to your budget, and bargain respectfully for prices.
What should I wear in Bali?
Pack light cotton and loose clothing; your skin will thank you.
- The ideal outfit to wear when exploring Bali is a T-shirt, shorts and sneakers.
- Pack light cotton clothes to go the beach.
- When hiking, pack warm and wet-weather clothes.
- Traditional clothes for a Hindu ceremony in Bali | © Artem Bali / Unsplash.
What is the cheapest way to get to Bali?
Bali flights from Chennai and Cochin are often the cheapest. If you check with the Air Asia, you could get flights at very affordable prices if booked earlier. You can get your round trips done in INR 20,000 with one flight having a stop-over at Kuala Lumpur, which is the best way to reach Bali.
Why is Bali so cheap?
Bali is extremely cheap because daily expenses are way lower than in other countries. Meals, hotels rooms, shopping, transport fees, and every other expense are all much cheaper. After calculations, it costs around $80 dollars per day to live a great life in Bali.
What food is Bali famous for?
10 Best Balinese Food
- Sate (satay) varieties.
- Nasi ayam and nasi campur.
- Bebek and ayam betutu.
- Babi guling.
- Tahu and tempeh.
- Jimbaran seafood.
- Pepes and tum.
- Traditional cakes and desserts.
What language is spoken in Bali?
Balinese is a Malayo-Polynesian language spoken by 3.3 million people (as of 2000) on the Indonesian island of Bali as well as Northern Nusa Penida, Western Lombok, Eastern Java, Southern Sumatra, and Sulawesi. Most Balinese speakers also know Indonesian.
Can you wear shorts in Bali?
What do Tourists Wear in Bali? Short shorts are fine on the beach but trousers or skirts that fall below the knee are ideal when traveling to small towns or non-touristy destinations.
What is the nicest part of Bali?
Best Areas to Stay in Bali
- Kuta – for surfers & party lovers.
- Seminyak – for sunset beach bars, luxury restaurants, and shopping.
- Canggu – for laid-back boho-chic beach lovers.
- Uluwatu – upscale clifftop resorts and beach clubs.
- Ubud – for serenity, stunning nature and peaceful getaways.
How many days in Bali is enough?
To really enjoy your holiday in Bali you would need to spend at least 6-10 days as 3-4 days is more like business trip can’t do much.