- 1 Can I use inside mount blinds?
- 2 Should blinds be inside or outside mount?
- 3 Where do you put inside mount blinds?
- 4 How deep should inside mount blinds be?
- 5 How much depth is needed for inside mount blinds?
- 6 Can you install inside mount blinds on vinyl windows?
- 7 Can you inside mount blinds on double hung windows?
- 8 How do you hang vinyl blinds without brackets?
- 9 Should blinds rest on window sill?
- 10 Should blinds be mounted on trim?
Can I use inside mount blinds?
As long as your window frame has enough depth to mount blinds inside the opening, we almost always recommend an inside mount. Check your window for obstructions like cranks, handles, alarm sensors, and tile or trim that wraps into the window opening.
Should blinds be inside or outside mount?
If you’re installing blackout window treatments to block unwanted light, then you should use outside mount blinds. Mounting blinds outside the window frame will give you more light coverage than blinds that hang from the inside.
Where do you put inside mount blinds?
Inside Mount Installation:
- Measure in from each top corner of the window frame.
- Position the brackets above your markings, and drill pilot holes where the screws should go.
- Screw the brackets into place.
- Install the shade by hooking the headrail into the front of the brackets.
How deep should inside mount blinds be?
Inside – Mounted Vertical Blinds Inside mount blinds are installed inside the window casing or door, or wall to wall in a room. The window casing must be at least 2 3/4″ deep for flush track mount or 3 3/4″ deep for flush vane mount (See diagram above).
How much depth is needed for inside mount blinds?
3⁄4″ is the minimum depth required for inside mount blinds.
Can you install inside mount blinds on vinyl windows?
Deciding if You Can Inside Mount Blinds on Your Vinyl Windows. Instead, you should attach the brackets to the top and sides of the inside opening; make sure the bottom of the blinds won’t bang into the vinyl finger-hold at the bottom of the window when fully extended.
Can you inside mount blinds on double hung windows?
Double hung windows are similar in appearance but both sashes may move up or down within the window frame. Most blinds and shades will work well covering this style of window.
How do you hang vinyl blinds without brackets?
Place the head rail over the top window trim and center it over the window. Place a bubble level on top of the head rail and position the blind so it remains level on the top window trim. Mark the holes you drilled onto the head rail by placing a screw into each hole then pressing the screws into the wood.
Should blinds rest on window sill?
In most cases blinds look and work the best when they rest on the window sill. No one is ever going to notice extra 1/2″ of length and this keeps them from blowing in a slight breeze. If you prefer for the blinds not to touch the windowsill, you should deduct 1/4″.
Should blinds be mounted on trim?
Trims are good to look at and are functional, but they do not cover the windows. Trim or no trim, window blinds have to be mounted to make the windows functional.