- 1 Should I exchange money before going to Bali?
- 2 How do you use currency in Bali?
- 3 Is it better to exchange money in Bali?
- 4 How much money do I need per day in Bali?
- 5 Why is Bali so cheap?
- 6 How much cash can you carry to Bali?
- 7 What food is Bali famous for?
- 8 What is best currency to take to Bali?
- 9 How much money should I take to Bali?
- 10 What is the money in Bali?
- 11 How much is the visa fee for Bali?
- 12 What language do they speak in Bali?
- 13 Is Bali cheaper than Thailand?
- 14 What is the best month to go to Bali?
- 15 How dangerous is Bali?
Should I exchange money before going to Bali?
You will get a much better exchange rate in Bali rather than in your home country. We usually recommend waiting until you arrive in Bali to get your rupiah. Money changers in Bali can and will exchange all major currencies. In most cases there is no need to bring any other currency other than your own.
How do you use currency in Bali?
Best place to exchange currency in Bali
- Once you reach Bali, the first thing you would go for before making any transaction is to exchange your currency that you are carrying to Indonesian Rupiah.
- You can withdraw Indonesian Rupiah by using debit or credit card from ATM in Bali.
Is it better to exchange money in Bali?
You will generally get a better rate of exchange at the legitimate money changers in Canggu, Seminyak, Kuta, Legian, Ubud, Sanur or Jimbaran, than in the hotels. The hotels are a lot safer but you will end up getting less due to the lower exchange rates.
How much money do I need per day in Bali?
Overall, $25-30 USD a day for a solo, bare budget backpacker is quite doable an will get you basic accommodations, 3 meals and a few beers or transport everyday, but will likely be stretched if you spend all your time in the highly touristed areas of Sanur or Ubud.
Why is Bali so cheap?
Bali is extremely cheap because daily expenses are way lower than in other countries. Meals, hotels rooms, shopping, transport fees, and every other expense are all much cheaper. After calculations, it costs around $80 dollars per day to live a great life in Bali.
How much cash can you carry to Bali?
Currently, there is no ceiling on the amount of foreign bank notes that are carried into Indonesia although authorities require cash worth more than IDR 100 million (approx. USD $7,500) to be declared when arriving in Indonesia.
What food is Bali famous for?
10 Best Balinese Food
- Sate (satay) varieties.
- Nasi ayam and nasi campur.
- Bebek and ayam betutu.
- Babi guling.
- Tahu and tempeh.
- Jimbaran seafood.
- Pepes and tum.
- Traditional cakes and desserts.
What is best currency to take to Bali?
The Indonesian Rupiah is the only currency accepted at all Balinese businesses. The larger hotels and tour operators may accept foreign currency but at an expensive premium.
How much money should I take to Bali?
You should plan to spend around Rp922,211 ($64) per day on your vacation in Bali, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors. Past travelers have spent, on average, Rp258,405 ($18) on meals for one day and Rp116,446 ($8.04) on local transportation.
What is the money in Bali?
The unit of currency in Indonesia is the rupiah, from the Sanskrit word for wrought silver, rupya. Coins come in denominations of Rp25, 50, 100, and 500. Notes are Rp1,000, 2,000, 5,000, 10,000, 20,000, 50,000, and 100,000; the largest denomination is worth about US$10 (£5.90).
How much is the visa fee for Bali?
The cost is INR4216 or USD 61.5 for visa and each extension. If the extension is applied with the help of an agent, then you need to pay Rs. 1817 or USD 26.50 as their fees. The applicable visa fee in ₹ (Indian Rupees) is as per the current exchange rate.
What language do they speak in Bali?
|ᬪᬵᬱᬩᬮᬶ, ᬩᬲᬩᬮᬶ Bhāṣa Bali, Basa Bali|
|Region||Bali, Nusa Penida, Lombok and Java, Indonesia|
|Ethnicity||Balinese Bali Aga Loloan Malay|
|Native speakers||3.3 million (2000 census)|
Is Bali cheaper than Thailand?
1. Re: Which is cheaper Bali or Thailand? Bali is generally cheaper for most things but Thailand overall is of a higher standard eg – Kuta/Legian etc is quite dirty and facilities etc low grade where Thailand (Phuket) is much cleaner.
What is the best month to go to Bali?
The best time to visit Bali is between April and October, the island’s dry season. Bali experiences only two seasons: the rainy season and the dry season. Throughout the year, the daytime temps hover between the mid-80s and low 90s, with only the humidity and precipitation patterns changing.
How dangerous is Bali?
Crime. Although Bali is a beautiful and popular holiday destination, petty crime is common and corruption and scams do occur. We recommend a few simple precautions to help keep yourself safe. There have been cases of bag snatching so remember to keep your valuables out of sight, close to you and zipped up.