- 1 What do I need to know before going to Bali?
- 2 What should I avoid in Bali?
- 3 How much money do I need per day in Bali?
- 4 How much cash should I bring to Bali?
- 5 What should I wear in Bali?
- 6 What food is Bali famous for?
- 7 What is banned in Bali?
- 8 What is illegal in Bali?
- 9 What are the do’s and don’ts in Bali?
- 10 Is food and drink expensive in Bali?
- 11 What is the best month to go to Bali?
- 12 How dangerous is Bali?
- 13 Can I use ATM in Bali?
- 14 How much money will I need for a week in Bali?
- 15 Is Bali cheaper than Thailand?
What do I need to know before going to Bali?
Important things to know for first timer’s in Bali:
- Visa. As of 2016 nationals of 169 countries can visit Indonesia visa-free for 30 days, while Visa on Arrival applies for others at USD 35.
- Weather. Peak season: August and December 20 to January 9.
What should I avoid in Bali?
7 Things Not To Do In Bali
- Don’t haggle for 30 minutes at the markets with no intention of buying. Firstly, you will be exhausted.
- Don’t spend all your time in Kuta.
- Don’t not see Kuta.
- Don’t look up when you are walking.
- Don’t leave your drinks unattended.
- Don’t just eat Western food.
- Don’t go for less than one week.
How much money do I need per day in Bali?
Overall, $25-30 USD a day for a solo, bare budget backpacker is quite doable an will get you basic accommodations, 3 meals and a few beers or transport everyday, but will likely be stretched if you spend all your time in the highly touristed areas of Sanur or Ubud.
How much cash should I bring to Bali?
For spending money we recommend bringing the following, based on your travel budget: Low-cost: IDR200,000 ($19) per person, per day if you plan to eat local and take public transport. Mid-range: IDR530,000 ($50) per person, per day if you plan to dine in restaurants and hire a car or take private transport.
What should I wear in Bali?
Pack light cotton and loose clothing; your skin will thank you.
- The ideal outfit to wear when exploring Bali is a T-shirt, shorts and sneakers.
- Pack light cotton clothes to go the beach.
- When hiking, pack warm and wet-weather clothes.
- Traditional clothes for a Hindu ceremony in Bali | © Artem Bali / Unsplash.
What food is Bali famous for?
10 Best Balinese Food
- Sate (satay) varieties.
- Nasi ayam and nasi campur.
- Bebek and ayam betutu.
- Babi guling.
- Tahu and tempeh.
- Jimbaran seafood.
- Pepes and tum.
- Traditional cakes and desserts.
What is banned in Bali?
As we have already discussed, there are some prescription drugs that are considered illegal in Bali. Being in possession of everyday medications that you use at home can land you in a heap of trouble. Sleeping pills, Valium, Xanax, and Codeine being among them.
What is illegal in Bali?
Bali’s drug laws are very strict and should not be trifled with. Indonesian Law No. 35/2009 lays down harsh penalties for drug users caught with Group 1 drugs like marijuana, heroin, and cocaine. You can get life imprisonment for possession or the death penalty if you’ve been convicted of trafficking in drugs.
What are the do’s and don’ts in Bali?
DON ‘ T: Touch People’s Heads Touching people’s heads is a big no-no and one practice you should always remember in Bali. The Balinese believe that the head is the most sacred part of the body. As such, an action like ruffling a child’s hair – even if in a playful manner – is considered highly impolite.
Is food and drink expensive in Bali?
Average Daily Costs While meal prices in Bali can vary, the average cost of food in Bali is Rp258,405 per day. Based on the spending habits of previous travelers, when dining out an average meal in Bali should cost around Rp103,362 per person. Breakfast prices are usually a little cheaper than lunch or dinner.
What is the best month to go to Bali?
The best time to visit Bali is between April and October, the island’s dry season. Bali experiences only two seasons: the rainy season and the dry season. Throughout the year, the daytime temps hover between the mid-80s and low 90s, with only the humidity and precipitation patterns changing.
How dangerous is Bali?
Crime. Although Bali is a beautiful and popular holiday destination, petty crime is common and corruption and scams do occur. We recommend a few simple precautions to help keep yourself safe. There have been cases of bag snatching so remember to keep your valuables out of sight, close to you and zipped up.
Can I use ATM in Bali?
While the banks are not open 24 hours a day (they’re opening hours seem to change) there are also ATMs that are completely safe to use to withdraw money. This means you are completely safe using the ATMs at Bali airport to withdraw local currency (the Indonesian Rupiah).
How much money will I need for a week in Bali?
Bali trip cost for one week
|Accommodations||$480 ($100 X 6 nights)|
|Transportation and attractions||$120|
|Food and drink||$175 ($25 X 6 7 days)|
Is Bali cheaper than Thailand?
1. Re: Which is cheaper Bali or Thailand? Bali is generally cheaper for most things but Thailand overall is of a higher standard eg – Kuta/Legian etc is quite dirty and facilities etc low grade where Thailand (Phuket) is much cleaner.