- 1 What is better than Bali?
- 2 Where should you go in Indonesia?
- 3 Where is cheaper than Bali?
- 4 What should I avoid in Indonesia?
- 5 What food is Bali famous for?
- 6 Is Bali or Fiji better?
- 7 What is the most visited place in Indonesia?
- 8 What Indonesia is famous for?
- 9 What is the cheapest place in Indonesia?
- 10 Is Bali cheap or expensive?
- 11 Why is Bali so popular?
- 12 Is Bali or Maldives better?
- 13 What is considered rude in Bali?
- 14 What is considered rude in Indonesia?
- 15 What is illegal in Bali?
What is better than Bali?
Lombok, Indonesia Lombok is the Indonesian island right next to Bali, home to beautiful sandy beaches, waterfalls, rice fields, and even a volcano. It also gets less rain than Bali does in the rainy season.
Where should you go in Indonesia?
10 Best Places to Visit in Indonesia
- Raja Ampat Islands.
- Tanjung Puting National Park.
- Flores Island.
- Bukit Lawang.
- Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park.
- Komodo National Park.
Where is cheaper than Bali?
According to the Price of Travel index for backpackers, Thailand’s cities clock in a hair cheaper than Bali. It’s not a huge difference (a strong case can be made for Bali as a backpacker destination), but for backpackers on a tight budget, I would probably say Thailand is a better bet.
What should I avoid in Indonesia?
11 Things You Should Never, Ever Do in Indonesia
- Never joke about race, religion, and ethnicity.
- Never underestimate how spicy a meal can be.
- Do not drink alcohol or play card games in public places.
- Do not drink tap water.
- Don’t do drugs.
- Don’t forget to say thank you.
- Don’t disrupt the wildlife.
- Don’t ignore local customs.
What food is Bali famous for?
10 Best Balinese Food
- Sate (satay) varieties.
- Nasi ayam and nasi campur.
- Bebek and ayam betutu.
- Babi guling.
- Tahu and tempeh.
- Jimbaran seafood.
- Pepes and tum.
- Traditional cakes and desserts.
Is Bali or Fiji better?
Winner: Bali offers more consistent and generally better prices for accommodation across the island while Fiji may be cheap in some areas, but accommodation can be quite costly in others.
What is the most visited place in Indonesia?
1. Beaches of Bali. Arguably Indonesia’s most popular vacation spot, Bali has a number of cultural landmarks and traditions that make a visit here worthwhile.
What Indonesia is famous for?
20 Things Indonesia is famous for
- 1) Bali.
- ️ 2) Raja Ampat.
- 3) Borobudur and Prambanan temples.
- 4) Komodo dragon island.
- 5) See orangutans in the wild.
- 6) Nasi Goreng (Fried Rice)
- ️ 7) Rica-rica.
- ♀️ 8) Indonesian locals are very friendly.
What is the cheapest place in Indonesia?
Something else I will say is that while Indonesia is definitely one of the cheaper places to travel, some of the tours and more offtrack places will cost a bit more. But, they are totally worth it!
Is Bali cheap or expensive?
Bali is already the most expensive tourist destination in Indonesia and is slowly becoming more expensive as tourists discover more of Bali, but cheap food and accommodation are still widely available if you donâ€™t mind basic accommodations, stick to your budget, and bargain respectfully for prices.
Why is Bali so popular?
Also known as the Land of the Gods, Bali appeals through its sheer natural beauty of looming volcanoes and lush terraced rice fields that exude peace and serenity. It is also famous for surfers’ paradise!
Is Bali or Maldives better?
If adventure on land is on your mind, Bali is for you. On the other hand, the Maldives offers better alternatives for the sea – the Baa Atoll offers amazing snorkelling, diving and underwater expeditions. Watersports in Maldives are better, and there are many places to try them.
What is considered rude in Bali?
Don’t hand a Balinese person something with your left hand, it is considered rude. Don’t leave your plate completely empty when eating a meal at someone’s house. A little food is always left over as an offering for the gods and to let your host know you had enough to eat.
What is considered rude in Indonesia?
So when shaking hands, offering a gift, handing or receiving something, eating, pointing or generally touching another person, it is considered proper etiquette to always use your right hand. Pointing toward someone with forefinger is considered rude.
What is illegal in Bali?
Bali’s drug laws are very strict and should not be trifled with. Indonesian Law No. 35/2009 lays down harsh penalties for drug users caught with Group 1 drugs like marijuana, heroin, and cocaine. You can get life imprisonment for possession or the death penalty if you’ve been convicted of trafficking in drugs.