- 1 Can top down bottom up shades be outside Mount?
- 2 Can you outside Mount cellular shades?
- 3 Should outside mount blinds cover trim?
- 4 How do you measure for outdoor mounted blinds?
- 5 Can you hang blinds on window frame?
- 6 Can you mount blinds on trim?
- 7 Should I do inside or outside mount blinds?
- 8 Should Roman shades be inside or outside mount?
- 9 How do you hang down a shade?
Top down bottom up shades are operated using a simple cord mechanism and two top rails. The first rail is called the mounting rail, and it is attached to either the inside of your window or mounted outside, depending on your preference.
Can you outside Mount cellular shades?
Cellular shades are easy to install for an outside mount. A screwdriver is all that is needed to install your shades, or, for an easier installation, you can use a cordless screwdriver or a drill with a 1/4-inch Hex head drill bit.
Should outside mount blinds cover trim?
Outside mount blinds can even help you save some money on redecorating or refinishing. If you have an old or damaged window trim, outside mount blinds will cover the frame and window trim completely. If you’re installing blackout window treatments to block unwanted light, then you should use outside mount blinds.
How do you measure for outdoor mounted blinds?
- Measure from the far left edge of the trim to the far right edge of the trim.
- For wood blinds, faux wood blinds, aluminum blinds, and other products with end mount brackets take a 1/4″ deduction from the measurement to allow room to mount the end brackets onto the trim.
Can you hang blinds on window frame?
You just mount the brackets outside of the window frame and hang your blinds or shades so they extend past the frame. The brackets for the outside mount blinds and shades can be installed on the window frame, on the wall outside of the window frame, or on the ceiling, above the window frame.
Can you mount blinds on trim?
You can mount your blinds to the trim as long as it is flat and meets the minimum requirements for an outside mount. Mounting on the trim of the window is the easiest route because all you need to collect is the size of the trim dimensions.
Should I do inside or outside mount blinds?
Should I Install My Blinds as Inside Mount or Outside Mount? As long as your window frame has enough depth to mount blinds inside the opening, we almost always recommend an inside mount.
Should Roman shades be inside or outside mount?
Roman shades can be installed both inside and outside the window frame depending upon your need and the depth of your windows. Structurally we believe that soft fold and dog-ear Roman shade would make a better fit as outside mount than the inside mount.
How do you hang down a shade?
Make sure the pins are level and aligned. Raise the shade, then screw the Hold Down Bracket into the mounting surface. To lower the shade, pull down on the handle which is secured to the middle or bottom rail. To raise the shade, push the middle and bottom rail up.