- 1 What do you need to visit Bali?
- 2 What should I avoid in Bali?
- 3 How much money do I need per day in Bali?
- 4 How much money do you need for a month in Bali?
- 5 What food is Bali famous for?
- 6 What should I wear in Bali?
- 7 What is illegal in Bali?
- 8 What is banned in Bali?
- 9 Why is Bali so cheap?
- 10 Is Bali cheaper than Thailand?
- 11 What is the best month to go to Bali?
- 12 How dangerous is Bali?
- 13 Can you just move to Bali?
- 14 Is food and drink expensive in Bali?
- 15 Can you drink alcohol in Bali?
What do you need to visit Bali?
Your U.S. passport must be valid for at least six months from when you enter the country and have at least two blank passport pages. You must obtain a visa exemption or a 30-day visitor visa upon arrival at the airport in Bali for $35.
What should I avoid in Bali?
7 Things Not To Do In Bali
- Don’t haggle for 30 minutes at the markets with no intention of buying. Firstly, you will be exhausted.
- Don’t spend all your time in Kuta.
- Don’t not see Kuta.
- Don’t look up when you are walking.
- Don’t leave your drinks unattended.
- Don’t just eat Western food.
- Don’t go for less than one week.
How much money do I need per day in Bali?
Overall, $25-30 USD a day for a solo, bare budget backpacker is quite doable an will get you basic accommodations, 3 meals and a few beers or transport everyday, but will likely be stretched if you spend all your time in the highly touristed areas of Sanur or Ubud.
How much money do you need for a month in Bali?
Expect to spend $720 to $2,600 per month for a single person living in Bali —families and couples sharing rental costs will save quite a bit. And it’s possible to spend significantly more on a higher-end lifestyle.
What food is Bali famous for?
10 Best Balinese Food
- Sate (satay) varieties.
- Nasi ayam and nasi campur.
- Bebek and ayam betutu.
- Babi guling.
- Tahu and tempeh.
- Jimbaran seafood.
- Pepes and tum.
- Traditional cakes and desserts.
What should I wear in Bali?
Pack light cotton and loose clothing; your skin will thank you.
- The ideal outfit to wear when exploring Bali is a T-shirt, shorts and sneakers.
- Pack light cotton clothes to go the beach.
- When hiking, pack warm and wet-weather clothes.
- Traditional clothes for a Hindu ceremony in Bali | © Artem Bali / Unsplash.
What is illegal in Bali?
Bali’s drug laws are very strict and should not be trifled with. Indonesian Law No. 35/2009 lays down harsh penalties for drug users caught with Group 1 drugs like marijuana, heroin, and cocaine. You can get life imprisonment for possession or the death penalty if you’ve been convicted of trafficking in drugs.
What is banned in Bali?
As we have already discussed, there are some prescription drugs that are considered illegal in Bali. Being in possession of everyday medications that you use at home can land you in a heap of trouble. Sleeping pills, Valium, Xanax, and Codeine being among them.
Why is Bali so cheap?
Bali is extremely cheap because daily expenses are way lower than in other countries. Meals, hotels rooms, shopping, transport fees, and every other expense are all much cheaper. After calculations, it costs around $80 dollars per day to live a great life in Bali.
Is Bali cheaper than Thailand?
1. Re: Which is cheaper Bali or Thailand? Bali is generally cheaper for most things but Thailand overall is of a higher standard eg – Kuta/Legian etc is quite dirty and facilities etc low grade where Thailand (Phuket) is much cleaner.
What is the best month to go to Bali?
The best time to visit Bali is between April and October, the island’s dry season. Bali experiences only two seasons: the rainy season and the dry season. Throughout the year, the daytime temps hover between the mid-80s and low 90s, with only the humidity and precipitation patterns changing.
How dangerous is Bali?
Crime. Although Bali is a beautiful and popular holiday destination, petty crime is common and corruption and scams do occur. We recommend a few simple precautions to help keep yourself safe. There have been cases of bag snatching so remember to keep your valuables out of sight, close to you and zipped up.
Can you just move to Bali?
You need a Visa to visit or live in Bali, what type of visa is what needs to be planned. You will enter Bali on a Tourist Visa, which is valid for 30 days. If you want to extend to 60 days, you must purchase a Visa on Arrival (VOA) when entering the airport. Then a visit to Immigration will allow you to extend.
Is food and drink expensive in Bali?
Average Daily Costs While meal prices in Bali can vary, the average cost of food in Bali is Rp258,405 per day. Based on the spending habits of previous travelers, when dining out an average meal in Bali should cost around Rp103,362 per person. Breakfast prices are usually a little cheaper than lunch or dinner.
Can you drink alcohol in Bali?
Currently, there are no alcohol bans being enforced in Indonesia, with the exception of Aceh. Also in 2015, the Indonesian government banned the sale of alcohol from minimarkets and small shops, with the exception of Bali province, though sale was allowed in supermarkets, restaurants, bars, clubs and hotels.