- 1 What to Know Before Travelling to Bali?
- 2 How much money do I need per day in Bali?
- 3 What should I wear in Bali?
- 4 What is not allowed in Bali?
- 5 What are the do’s and don’ts in Bali?
- 6 Is it cheap to eat out in Bali?
- 7 Is Bali cheaper than Thailand?
- 8 How much money do I need in Bali for 2 weeks?
- 9 What is the best month to go to Bali?
- 10 Can you wear shorts in Bali?
- 11 What is the greeting in Bali?
- 12 Where can I buy a dress in Bali?
- 13 Can you hold hands in Bali?
- 14 What is considered rude in Bali?
- 15 Is it rude to tip in Bali?
What to Know Before Travelling to Bali?
Important things to know for first timer’s in Bali:
- Visa. As of 2016 nationals of 169 countries can visit Indonesia visa-free for 30 days, while Visa on Arrival applies for others at USD 35.
- Weather. Peak season: August and December 20 to January 9.
How much money do I need per day in Bali?
Overall, $25-30 USD a day for a solo, bare budget backpacker is quite doable an will get you basic accommodations, 3 meals and a few beers or transport everyday, but will likely be stretched if you spend all your time in the highly touristed areas of Sanur or Ubud.
What should I wear in Bali?
Pack light cotton and loose clothing; your skin will thank you.
- The ideal outfit to wear when exploring Bali is a T-shirt, shorts and sneakers.
- Pack light cotton clothes to go the beach.
- When hiking, pack warm and wet-weather clothes.
- Traditional clothes for a Hindu ceremony in Bali | © Artem Bali / Unsplash.
What is not allowed in Bali?
As well as sleeping pills, Australian prescription medication including strong painkillers containing codeine and medication for ADHD are among those banned from Bali. Paracetamol, antidiarrheals and antibiotics should be OK but it is always advisable to check with the Indonesian embassy before leaving home.
What are the do’s and don’ts in Bali?
DON ‘ T: Touch People’s Heads Touching people’s heads is a big no-no and one practice you should always remember in Bali. The Balinese believe that the head is the most sacred part of the body. As such, an action like ruffling a child’s hair – even if in a playful manner – is considered highly impolite.
Is it cheap to eat out in Bali?
Whatever your budget food or beverages, the prices will always be substantially cheaper than those in Europe, Australia, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia etc. You can enjoy a deliciously fresh Nasi Goreng (Fried Rice) for $1 or dine in one of the finest restaurants spending $100 for a seven-course meal.
Is Bali cheaper than Thailand?
1. Re: Which is cheaper Bali or Thailand? Bali is generally cheaper for most things but Thailand overall is of a higher standard eg – Kuta/Legian etc is quite dirty and facilities etc low grade where Thailand (Phuket) is much cleaner.
How much money do I need in Bali for 2 weeks?
So, a trip to Bali for two people costs around Rp12,910,957 for one week. A trip for two weeks for two people costs Rp25,821,915 in Bali. If you’re traveling as a family of three or four people, the price person often goes down because kid’s tickets are cheaper and hotel rooms can be shared.
What is the best month to go to Bali?
The best time to visit Bali is between April and October, the island’s dry season. Bali experiences only two seasons: the rainy season and the dry season. Throughout the year, the daytime temps hover between the mid-80s and low 90s, with only the humidity and precipitation patterns changing.
Can you wear shorts in Bali?
What do Tourists Wear in Bali? Short shorts are fine on the beach but trousers or skirts that fall below the knee are ideal when traveling to small towns or non-touristy destinations.
What is the greeting in Bali?
The phrase used is “Om Swastiastu” ( Balinese greeting ). Better you greet with Balinese than Bahasa Indonesia since 85% of the population in Bali is a Balinese. That greeting is used for all kinds of caste and that’s very polite.
Where can I buy a dress in Bali?
SHOPPING IN SEMINYAK: A guide to the best fashion stores in Bali
- Auguste The Label. Auguste the Label’s boho vibe had us at floaty feminine frocks!
- Uma & Leopold.
- Magali Pascal.
- Bali Boat Shed.
- Paulina Katarina.
- The Bali Tailor.
- Mrs Sippy Bazaar.
- Lulu Yasmine.
Can you hold hands in Bali?
Romantic gestures or emotions are never displayed in public, except lovers holding hands is something the Balinese do openly. Lovers don’t kiss in public either, and visitors should also respect that for the Balinese, those intimate gestures are. The middle part of the body is considered “natural”.
What is considered rude in Bali?
Don’t hand a Balinese person something with your left hand, it is considered rude. Don’t leave your plate completely empty when eating a meal at someone’s house. A little food is always left over as an offering for the gods and to let your host know you had enough to eat.
Is it rude to tip in Bali?
Tipping in Bali is appreciated but it’s not required. However many service workers in Bali don’t earn very much, so even a small tip really helps. You should never feel that you have to leave a tip, especially if you received bad service and you should feel pressured.