- 1 What should I wear in Bali?
- 2 How do I prepare for a trip to Bali?
- 3 What is not allowed in Bali?
- 4 How much money do I need per day in Bali?
- 5 Can you wear shorts in Bali?
- 6 Where can I buy a dress in Bali?
- 7 What is the best month to go to Bali?
- 8 How much cash should I bring to Bali?
- 9 Do I need a visa for Bali?
- 10 What are the do’s and don’ts in Bali?
- 11 Can you hold hands in Bali?
- 12 What is considered rude in Bali?
- 13 Is Bali cheaper than Thailand?
- 14 Is food and drink expensive in Bali?
- 15 How dangerous is Bali?
What should I wear in Bali?
Pack light cotton and loose clothing; your skin will thank you.
- The ideal outfit to wear when exploring Bali is a T-shirt, shorts and sneakers.
- Pack light cotton clothes to go the beach.
- When hiking, pack warm and wet-weather clothes.
- Traditional clothes for a Hindu ceremony in Bali | © Artem Bali / Unsplash.
How do I prepare for a trip to Bali?
These are things we always make sure to do before leaving for Bali:
- Passport Acquisition or Renewal.
- Research New Visa Regulations.
- International Drivers License.
- Research Bali.
- Decide on Time of Year.
- Decide on Locations.
- Get Vaccinations.
- Find Accommodations.
What is not allowed in Bali?
As well as sleeping pills, Australian prescription medication including strong painkillers containing codeine and medication for ADHD are among those banned from Bali. Paracetamol, antidiarrheals and antibiotics should be OK but it is always advisable to check with the Indonesian embassy before leaving home.
How much money do I need per day in Bali?
Overall, $25-30 USD a day for a solo, bare budget backpacker is quite doable an will get you basic accommodations, 3 meals and a few beers or transport everyday, but will likely be stretched if you spend all your time in the highly touristed areas of Sanur or Ubud.
Can you wear shorts in Bali?
What do Tourists Wear in Bali? Short shorts are fine on the beach but trousers or skirts that fall below the knee are ideal when traveling to small towns or non-touristy destinations.
Where can I buy a dress in Bali?
SHOPPING IN SEMINYAK: A guide to the best fashion stores in Bali
- Auguste The Label. Auguste the Label’s boho vibe had us at floaty feminine frocks!
- Uma & Leopold.
- Magali Pascal.
- Bali Boat Shed.
- Paulina Katarina.
- The Bali Tailor.
- Mrs Sippy Bazaar.
- Lulu Yasmine.
What is the best month to go to Bali?
The best time to visit Bali is between April and October, the island’s dry season. Bali experiences only two seasons: the rainy season and the dry season. Throughout the year, the daytime temps hover between the mid-80s and low 90s, with only the humidity and precipitation patterns changing.
How much cash should I bring to Bali?
For spending money we recommend bringing the following, based on your travel budget: Low-cost: IDR200,000 ($19) per person, per day if you plan to eat local and take public transport. Mid-range: IDR530,000 ($50) per person, per day if you plan to dine in restaurants and hire a car or take private transport.
Do I need a visa for Bali?
Bali, Indonesia, is free to enter without a visa, you will only get a date stamp in your passport on your arrival day. Stay up to a maximum of 30 days but note that you will not be able to extend your stay with this free tourist visa.
What are the do’s and don’ts in Bali?
Dos And Don ‘ ts When Visiting Bali
- DO: Cover Up In The Temples.
- DON ‘ T: Use Your Left Hand When Giving/Receiving.
- DO: Leave Your Shoes Outside.
- DON ‘ T: Touch People’s Heads.
- DO: Be Careful Where You Step.
- DON ‘ T: Drink Tap Water.
- DO: Haggle – But Not Too Hard.
Can you hold hands in Bali?
Romantic gestures or emotions are never displayed in public, except lovers holding hands is something the Balinese do openly. Lovers don’t kiss in public either, and visitors should also respect that for the Balinese, those intimate gestures are. The middle part of the body is considered “natural”.
What is considered rude in Bali?
Don’t hand a Balinese person something with your left hand, it is considered rude. Don’t leave your plate completely empty when eating a meal at someone’s house. A little food is always left over as an offering for the gods and to let your host know you had enough to eat.
Is Bali cheaper than Thailand?
1. Re: Which is cheaper Bali or Thailand? Bali is generally cheaper for most things but Thailand overall is of a higher standard eg – Kuta/Legian etc is quite dirty and facilities etc low grade where Thailand (Phuket) is much cleaner.
Is food and drink expensive in Bali?
Average Daily Costs While meal prices in Bali can vary, the average cost of food in Bali is Rp258,405 per day. Based on the spending habits of previous travelers, when dining out an average meal in Bali should cost around Rp103,362 per person. Breakfast prices are usually a little cheaper than lunch or dinner.
How dangerous is Bali?
Crime. Although Bali is a beautiful and popular holiday destination, petty crime is common and corruption and scams do occur. We recommend a few simple precautions to help keep yourself safe. There have been cases of bag snatching so remember to keep your valuables out of sight, close to you and zipped up.