- 1 What should we do in Bali?
- 2 What should I avoid in Bali?
- 3 How much money do I need per day in Bali?
- 4 How dangerous is Bali?
- 5 Is Bali expensive to eat?
- 6 What is illegal in Bali?
- 7 What is banned in Bali?
- 8 Are mosquitoes bad in Bali?
- 9 Is Bali cheaper than Thailand?
- 10 What is the best month to go to Bali?
- 11 Why is Bali so cheap?
- 12 Can unmarried couples go to Bali?
- 13 Do they speak English in Bali?
- 14 What are the do’s and don’ts in Bali?
What should we do in Bali?
12 Things You Must Do in Bali, Indonesia
- Tegalalang Rice Terraces. Tegalalang Rice Terraces is a valley of rice paddies, located north of Ubud.
- Sekumpul Waterfalls.
- Visit Diamond Beach.
- Explore paradise Gili Air.
- Stay with a local family.
- Sunrise in Munduk.
- Monkey Forest in Ubud.
- Must do on Bali: Kelingking Nusa Penida.
What should I avoid in Bali?
7 Things Not To Do In Bali
- Don’t haggle for 30 minutes at the markets with no intention of buying. Firstly, you will be exhausted.
- Don’t spend all your time in Kuta.
- Don’t not see Kuta.
- Don’t look up when you are walking.
- Don’t leave your drinks unattended.
- Don’t just eat Western food.
- Don’t go for less than one week.
How much money do I need per day in Bali?
Overall, $25-30 USD a day for a solo, bare budget backpacker is quite doable an will get you basic accommodations, 3 meals and a few beers or transport everyday, but will likely be stretched if you spend all your time in the highly touristed areas of Sanur or Ubud.
How dangerous is Bali?
Crime. Although Bali is a beautiful and popular holiday destination, petty crime is common and corruption and scams do occur. We recommend a few simple precautions to help keep yourself safe. There have been cases of bag snatching so remember to keep your valuables out of sight, close to you and zipped up.
Is Bali expensive to eat?
While meal prices in Bali can vary, the average cost of food in Bali is Rp258,405 per day. Based on the spending habits of previous travelers, when dining out an average meal in Bali should cost around Rp103,362 per person. Breakfast prices are usually a little cheaper than lunch or dinner.
What is illegal in Bali?
Bali’s drug laws are very strict and should not be trifled with. Indonesian Law No. 35/2009 lays down harsh penalties for drug users caught with Group 1 drugs like marijuana, heroin, and cocaine. You can get life imprisonment for possession or the death penalty if you’ve been convicted of trafficking in drugs.
What is banned in Bali?
As we have already discussed, there are some prescription drugs that are considered illegal in Bali. Being in possession of everyday medications that you use at home can land you in a heap of trouble. Sleeping pills, Valium, Xanax, and Codeine being among them.
Are mosquitoes bad in Bali?
Bali mosquitos are usually worse in the rainy season (October to March) but you do need to be vigilant all year round. Mosquitoes in Bali are evident in varying degrees at all times. Nowhere is 100% safe at all times. Be sure to get your travel insurance, just in case.
Is Bali cheaper than Thailand?
1. Re: Which is cheaper Bali or Thailand? Bali is generally cheaper for most things but Thailand overall is of a higher standard eg – Kuta/Legian etc is quite dirty and facilities etc low grade where Thailand (Phuket) is much cleaner.
What is the best month to go to Bali?
The best time to visit Bali is between April and October, the island’s dry season. Bali experiences only two seasons: the rainy season and the dry season. Throughout the year, the daytime temps hover between the mid-80s and low 90s, with only the humidity and precipitation patterns changing.
Why is Bali so cheap?
Bali is extremely cheap because daily expenses are way lower than in other countries. Meals, hotels rooms, shopping, transport fees, and every other expense are all much cheaper. After calculations, it costs around $80 dollars per day to live a great life in Bali.
Can unmarried couples go to Bali?
Unmarried tourists planning a fun Bali vacation will now have to be very cautious. The couple won’t get a room unless they manage to produce a legal marriage certificate as a proof.
Do they speak English in Bali?
English on Bali English is the common “third” language and the most popular foreign language by far (after Indonesian and Balinese ). Due to tourism requirements, a lot of Balinese speak a level of English that allows them to communicate with tourists on a fundamental level.
What are the do’s and don’ts in Bali?
DON ‘ T: Touch People’s Heads Touching people’s heads is a big no-no and one practice you should always remember in Bali. The Balinese believe that the head is the most sacred part of the body. As such, an action like ruffling a child’s hair – even if in a playful manner – is considered highly impolite.